Engine - 6.2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8 engine (F-250/350)
No other heavy-duty pickup delivers more standard gas horsepower and torque than the 6.2L V8 in the Ford Super Duty®.*
- Best-in-class standard gas 385 horsepower and 405 lb.-ft. of torque*
- Single-overhead-cam design and dual-equal variable cam timing — advanced features that help optimize power through the entire power range
- E85-capable: run on unleaded gasoline, E85 (85 percent ethanol, 15 percent gasoline), or any mix of the two
- For conversion to compressed natural gas (CNG) or propane autogas, the CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package is available for F-250 and F-350 models.**
- A Super Duty with the CNG/Propane package can be upgraded with aftermarket upfits to bi-fuel capability, enabling it to run on either unleaded gasoline or natural gas
*Class is Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
**Vehicle will be equipped with the standard factory gasoline fuel system.
This package does not include compressed natural gas/propane fuel tanks and lines, which are sold separately.
Transmission - TorqShift® Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift™ Automatic
The Ford 6-speed TorqShift® SelectShift® automatic transmission is engineered for high-torque performance and dependability. Big, strong gears can easily take on the heavy torque demands of either the standard 6.2L gas V8 or the available 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel. Fewer rpm are required because the torque converter locks up at lower speeds.
The available live-drive power takeoff (PTO) provision features split-shaft capability.* An output gear is connected directly to the engine crankshaft to power an aftermarket PTO anytime the engine is running, whether you’re in motion or at a stop, and lets you use applications like a salt spreader, tree-trimming equipment and many others. Split-shaft capability allows multiple accessories to be operated at the same time with the vehicle stopped.
*Requires 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine and compatible aftermarket power takeoff unit.
Airbags — Safety Canopy® System with roll-fold side-curtain airbags
In addition to the driver- and passenger-side front airbags and front side-impact airbags, Super Duty® Chassis Cab provides the Safety Canopy® System with its state-of-the-art roll-fold technology.* All Chassis Cab models include six standard airbags.
*Always wear your safety belt and secure children in the rear seat, where available.
Trailer Sway Control
Trailer sway control (TSC) builds on the AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™(RSC®) system to help maintain trailer control through selective braking and adjusted engine power.39 The result is noticeable stability and control, which provides greater driver confidence when towing large loads.